Residential HVAC Service Technician — Stop running too many calls
You know the drill – 15 minutes into your first call and the phone rings, it’s the dispatcher – “How long do you think you’ll be? We’re overbooked today and need you to work late”. You do your best to help as many people as you can—in-between taking calls from dispatch asking how much longer. During the weekly service meeting the manager focuses on callbacks, the “process”, and more sales. It’s as if they actually don’t understand running seven calls a day will crush the quality of work. Sounding familiar? Read on.
We know you work hard and you enjoy the challenge of delivering the best service possible to each customer. It is about relationships, not sales. Now you just need a matching culture, one where they appreciate good work ethic and won’t work you into the ground. A company that does not focus all their meetings on upselling and sales, but lets you do what you do best – quality work.
At Heatwave, we don’t just value our team members, we make them a priority. We understand how frustrating it is for Service Techs when they are running too many calls. So, we go the extra degree to give you the time you need to take care of our customers. The goal is to let you focus on delivering the best service possible.
Go the extra degree – that’s the Heatwave way. If you know you are the best of the best, let’s have a conversation and see if we can go the extra degree for you and your family.
- Excellent healthcare plan. Deductible paid for by the company.
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with company match (5%)
- Quality company vehicle
- Company phone
- Bonus structure
Service Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Service, repair, and/or propose replacement of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, boilers, water heaters and ductless split systems
- Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of Residential and light Commercial HVAC Systems
- Complete all warranty paperwork and service related paperwork properly and thoroughly. Collect payments as directed
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Communicate with customers and office to ensure resolution of all issues
- Familiar with a wide range of equipment and troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to service various types of equipment, to include but not limited to;
- Central A/C
- Tankless Systems
- Ductless Split Systems
- Flexible work schedule
- Demonstrate willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles
- Advanced customer service skills
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- 3-5 Years’ experience
- EPA Certification
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service Skills