Residential HVAC Installer Apprentice
You’re hungry but you just need the right opportunity and the right culture. A perfect match for you is a company that’s willing to train the right person—within a culture that appreciates a strong work ethic and preaches the importance of a quality family life.
At Heatwave we don’t expect perfection when you arrive, but we do want you to be the perfect fit.
If you want to learn the trade from the best lead installers in the business if you want the opportunity to improve your skills—if you want the opportunity to be promoted from within—if you want an opportunity to work towards becoming a lead installer then you may be the perfect fit as the next Heatwave Installer Apprentice.
This is a full-time job, full-time pay, with full-time company benefits.
- Excellent healthcare plan. Deductible paid for by the company.
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
Apprentice Installer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installation of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution
- systems, boilers, water heaters and ductless split systems
- Complete all installation paperwork thoroughly. Collect payments as directed
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Follow instructions from supervisor and carry out in timely manner
- Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly
- Work well with customers, co-workers and other subcontractors
- Ability to work staggered schedule if required
- Clean truck and job site
- Arrive on time daily
- Unloading/stocking supplies and equipment
- Unloading/loading trucks
- Insulate duct
- Build platforms
- Comply with all safety rules
- Other duties as assigned
- Insurable by Heatwave insurance carrier
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to invest time in training seminars and classes.
- Willingness to follow directions as given—written and verbal
- Basic safety knowledge of tools and surroundings
- Safe use of ladders
- Understand how to use a tape measure
- Ability to cut and drill holes
- Ability to fill out daily timecard accurately
- Ability to carry 100 pounds
- Possess both written and verbal English language skills.